Holy Shnit! Day 2

Well, I don't have as much to talk about today since I didn't wake up until about 4pm Switzerland time (which equates to about 9am Texas time.) It really is hard to readjust your body to a completely different time zone like this. I didn't even go to bed that late last night and I slept so long! I pretty much only had time to get ready and grab a quick bite to eat. I got real lucky in that respect.

At the house I had a light snack of local artisan bread and locally grown grapes (that taste completely different from any grapes I've ever had in Texas) that my wonderful host left out for me then headed into downtown. While looking for the theater I stumbled upon Tibits. I had read about it in preparation for my visit but didn't know where it was but I got of the tram and it just presented itself to me. It's sort of a cafeteria style place where you serve yourself and then they weigh your meal. It's all vegetarian with vegan stuff clearly labeled.

It was so good and I was so hungry that I ate there once before the screening and once after.


From the outside. (Awesome side note: there are
enough people on bikes that they have their own
traffic lights.)

The buffet.


I don't know what any of this is called because
everything was written in Swiss-German. I just
picked out stuff marked vegan.


The screening was awesome. It was in a beautiful old theater likely built before there were even films to be shown. Receive Bacon was the last of the block which worked out great because a lot of the films weren't comedies. I didn't have a Q&A (I was told that Swiss people are too shy so Q&A's usually don't go over well.) But I did get to introduce the film and myself. It was a fairly quiet screening compared to other festivals I've shown at but I think there is a cultural difference at play. To my relief I got lots of compliments after the screening was over.

The theater entrance






3 comments:

poyboy | 10:51 AM

You are living the dream, Jimmy-Jam.

I'm Cammi | 2:37 PM

How exciting! I'm proud of you James! So proud.

valerie | 5:22 PM

Yay! I kinda feel like we're all there... Was the food As yummy as it looked? That's cute that the Swiss are shy.