Sarasota 2008 - Merrily, Merrily

I've been so caught up between Spiral Dallas and AFI that I completely neglected to remind all of you that Merrily, Merrily has some screenings coming up! Thankfully David's latest post reminded me.

I'm proud and honored to be premiering at the 10th Annual Sarasota Film Festival. I consider it a great honor to be included among such fine films. There is no amount of prodding needed for me to concede that "Merrily, Merrily" is easily classified as a hard sell. It is for this reason that I bestow many thanks upon Ms. Holly Herrick and Mr. Tom Hall for discerning the merit of my artistic endeavor.

There is an inexplicable feeling in the room when a film you have authored is playing before an audience. I anxiously await the energy and the chance to see how the film is received. Pessimism has little chance in my heart of hearts, even when I try to expect the worst I'm naturally an optimist and always hope the people will love it more than I could began to imagine. Even if that doesn't happen on this film I'm convinced that it will some day!

For any of you who might be basking in the coastal glories of Sarasota, please do give my film a try. Here is information for the screenings. I'm quite enthralled with the synopsis they have offered of the film. It's so simple and so true. Why didn't I think of that!

Alas! David's full triptych "A Catolog Of Anticipations" will be playing at the festival too. I'm equally excited to see how people will react to that.

1 comments:

devotedsatellite | 8:13 PM

have fun at the festival! i wish curtis and i could be there to see it on the big screen... and to bask in the floridian sun. congratulation on your premier of this lovely film!