Merrily, Merrily

I start the first round of auditions for my next short film titled Merrily, Merrily. It is the first part in a trilogy of shorts tentatively titled The Beautiful Confusion Trilogy. GDMF is the second part. I still need to write a script for the third part but I'd like to shoot it by the end of the year.

I'm always nervous about audtions. I feel like I'm on trial just as much as the actors. I've never worked with young actors before. It's gonna be a challenge to channel my inner 13 year old girl.

Here's all the info about the film plus some crew needs in case anyone is interested.

THE STORY

Merrily, Merrily is a simple story about a 13-year-old girl who might not exist. Her name is Merrilee. She is an only child. Introspective and out of place, her social nexus is nearly non-existent. Home is her solace, but her parents make a shaky bedrock: her mother is overbearing and weak and her father is distant and stressful. Nonetheless, her relationship to them is the strongest and most prevalent in her life.

We follow Merrilee over a two day period when the question of her existence suddenly becomes valid. As this “realization” plays out, we hear her thoughts on her parents and what her interconnection to them means.

THE FILM

Merrily, Merrily is the first part of a thematic trilogy called The Beautiful Confusion Trilogy. Tentative shooting dates are Friday July 27 through Tuesday July 31. The majority of filming will take place in Grapevine, TX. Format is HD. Running time is 15 minutes. This will be Writer/Director James M. Johnston's third short film. He was also co-Writer/Director/Producer of the award winning omnibus feature "Deadroom."

Although this will be a very professional film it is still a very low budget affair. Therefore there is no pay other than the fun and excitement of creativity. I do promise that all involved will receive a copy of the film, be well fed and treated like family.

CREW NEEDS

I like to shoot with a small tight-knit crew and keep the set fun with as little stress as possible. So I'm looking for a few great people to work with. Experience isn't nearly as important as heart and a good attitude. I DO NOT EVER shoot more than 8 to twelve hours per day. This production is planned for eight hours or less per shooting day.

Positions: 1 Assistant Director, 1 Script Supervisor, 1 Costume/Makeup Manager, 2 Art Department Assistants, 2 Grips, 3 Production Assistants. Email merrily@beautifulconfusion.com if interested.

1 comments:

Bryan P | 12:57 PM

Awesome, bro. Glad to hear you'll be back at it!