Rehearsals and BNAT 7

Austin this weekend was spirit swelling. First I met with Abbey, Anika, and Cory for a discussion about their respective characters and the joint backstory that they all share. I gotta tell you, I have definitely hit the nail on the head with this cast. I mean everyone is so on point and into their characters. This is going to be truly compelling experience. Since Abbey is in Dallas she rode down to Austin with Amy, David and I. She's a truly amazing personality. I'm really glad that I followed my instincts in casting her.

Saturday and Sunday were dedicated to Butt-Numb-A-Thon Seven. I have completely rediscovered my love affair with films. Call me a filmgeek and I will wear the tag with pride. The 24 hour movie marathon is inexplicable. You have to experience it to understand it. Many other people including David will explain all the details much better than me. But here's a list of the films:
The Most Dangerous Game
King Kong: Yes, it really is as good and brilliant as most people are saying. If you just let it take you away you will be in love with this movie.
Betty Boop Short
Footlight Parade
Sick Girl (Masters of Horror Series): Props to Lucky, Angela, and Jaye.
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
The Professionals: Classic western that I've never seen. Brilliant performances all around. I'm in love with this movie and I need to watch it again.
District 13
Cigarette Burns (Masters of Horror Series)
The Descent: Holy Fucking shitballs this is scary. I mean truly creepy. I can't wait to make Kara watch it.
Stunt Rock: Good god.
Drum
Fuhrer in Your Face (Donald Duck Short)
V for Vendetta: I can't believe that a major studio is putting this out. I hope there is a major shit storm happening after this film lands. V is for Anarchy, V is for revolution. This film will be hard to top next year.

2 comments:

Matt | 6:50 AM

It must be hard to judge the final film, though? After twenty-four hours and all?

jmj | 10:46 AM

No I was very coherent by that point. After having a good 30 minute break with a brisk walk around the city I had caught my second wind. I've been thinking about the film quite a bit the last few days and I like even more the more I think about it.