Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck...

...and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.

I'm still tired and all but I figured that instead of whining about how I have no time I should just learn to manage my time better. Also, I just need to suck it up and get used to being tired. No one ever got anything great done by being well rested.

Tomorrow is Yen's staged reading. I hope to see some of you there. Things really seem to be moving in FW. We've laid the groundworks to start a very cool MicroCinema. Several writers and actors have started eating up at Spiral wanting to talk shop with me. All these people that are involved with film are starting to appear that I've never seen before. I think we have a tight community of artist here and we can make this town something special for indie filmmaking. The folks at Lone Star Film Society have been very proactive in getting in contact with me so I'm proud to have them representing Fort Worth to the fullest. I'll keep you all posted with the haps.

The Gadabout Film Festival came through town. It was pretty damn amazing. They were traveling with a really great fun band called The Kiss Ups and a bunch of self published literature, zines and coloring books by Girls Not Chicks. These are mofos walking the walk. They don't make art and sit around waiting for somebody to show it for them. They take it to the streets, like a musician would and make sure their work gets out into the world. It's very inspiring and I hope to have some work of my own in the next fest. I think indie filmmakers have a lot to learn from this. It's time that we start realizing we can't rely on the industry to throw us a bone every once in a while. We have to make distribution happen for ourselves. Traveling film fest, microcinemas and self distrubution are the wave of the future.

Sorry if this post is kinda boring but I've been replying to emails all day so I'm kind of computered out.

Oh yeah, if you want a neat oppurtunity to be a guest artist on a record being made please visit Go Little Records in the Perfecting the Wave section you can contribute to a record the Jaye Barnes-Luckett is currently making.

1 comments:

Anonymous | 4:10 PM

Is that a Mitch Hedberg quote up at the top there? If not, you're even more of a genius because I laughed for like ten minutes when I read that.